1939 Dr.G.Viswanathan MBBS, founder of the GVN Hospital (P) Ltd., started practice in Big Bazaar Street (chowk) in a small way.
1940 Dr.G.Viswanathan MBBS started a Free Dispensary at his residence Srirangam.
1940 Dr.G.Viswanathan MBBS, founder of the GVN Hospital (P) Ltd., started a Nursing home with ten beds in Big Bazaar Street.
1950 The above hospital was shifted to No 27, Baburoad with increased bed strength of 16.
1966 The present main Hospital was inaugurated in Singarathope with bed strength of 125.
1990 Dr. G.V.N Cancer Cure center was started near the hospital campus at 41, Kiledar Street, fulfilling the ambition of the founder Dr. G.Viswanathan to cater to the needs of the people suffering from cancer in and around Trichy, Pudukkottai, Karur, Perambalur, Ariyalur and the adjoining districts.
1990 The GVN cancer Preventive center was started in No: 41, KiledarStreet to conduct several medical camps in rural areas in order to create awareness and to educate public regarding cancer and other diseases. This center has conducted 200 such camps. Donation for the center is exempted under 80G of the income tax Act. These centers are providing preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care services to the people.
1991 Dr. G.V.N Institute of Medical Sciences was started offering certificate courses for Laboratory Technicians, Radiological assistants and Diploma course in Nursing and Midwifery.
1999 Two more courses offering Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy (B.P.T) and B.Sc. Nursing were started.
2001 GVN Cancer Prevention Centre started a Community health center at Allur to extend medical services to the rural population of Tiruchirappalli district.
2002 The Free Dispensary started by the founder at Railway station road, Srirangam with a view to serve the poor urban population was upgraded and inaugurated as urban community health center.
2002 The community health wing extended its services by opening two centers at Murungapettai and Thiruparaithurai.
2002 In Continuation, we have implemented a Program called Modified Cancer Control Program in Six Blocks in Trichy District, which are a Project of Govt. of India and WHO Program in coordination with Adyar Cancer Institute in Chennai to survey the entire rural Women Folks as regards awareness about Cancer & other diseases. The hospital which started with a simple background has now grown into a multispecialty Hospital using modern sophisticated medical technology offering not only high quality services but also at an affordable price. Even now when the medical services are experiencing a high cost escalation the motto of our founder to offer free consultation to all patients attending the Outpatient department of the Hospital is still kept up. Other therapeutic services are afforded at a relatively low cost.