Obstetrics and Gynaecology - Maternity Hospitals in Trichy
GVN Hospital gynecologists are trained in both Obstetrics and Gynaecology, an obstetrician is a medical doctor trained in women’s reproductive health, pregnancy, and birth. A gynecologist is a medical doctor, who focuses on health care and diseases related to breasts and women’s reproductive health.
If you have special needs, such as a recent hysterectomy or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, ask our doctors has experience handling cases as if yours.
Laparoscopy - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Laparoscopic surgery is a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through small incisions (usually 0.5-1 cm) as compared to the larger incisions needed in laparotomy (open surgery).
Method of cutting the abdomen open for a surgery is replaced by gaining access through very small holes made on the abdominal wall. Simple surgeries like laparoscopic sterilisation, diagnostic laparoscopy etc and complex surgeries like hysterectomy (Removal of the uterus) or ovarian cystectomy (eg., Removal of ovarian cyst) etc., are performed with ease with the help of miniature video cameras which becomes eye for the surgeon and advanced fibre optic light sources which aid in high resolution, magnified video images and specially designed tools for cutting, grasping, stapling etc.
Advantages of minimally invasive surgery:
1. Shorter hospital stay
2. Minimal tissue damage due to specially designed miniature tools
3. Less pain and discomfort
4. Small incision 0.5 to 1 cm and hence very small and negligible scars
5. Fewer complications from blood loss, infection, hernia formation
A thin telescope with lenses, a Hysteroscope which when attached to miniature video camera and advanced fibre optic light sources aid in high resolution imaging under magnification. Hence a hysteroscope is introduced into the uterus to view the inner surface of the uterus under magnification. When any pathology like polyp is identified it is corrected with the help of hysteroscope itself.
LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERIES PERFORMED:
1. DIAGNOSTIC LAPAROSCOPY
2. LAPAROSCOPIC OVARIAN CYSTECTOMY FOR OVARIAN CYST (LAPAROSCOPIC REMOVAL OF OVARIAN CYST)
3. LAPAROSCOPIC SALPHINGO OOPHORECTOMY
4. LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF ENDOMETRIOSIS
5. LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF ENDOMETRIOMA OR CHOCOLATE CYST (LAPAROSCOPIC REMOVAL OF CHOCOLATE CYST)
6. TOTAL LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY (LAPAROSCOPIC REMOVAL OF UTERUS)
7. LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY IN PREVIOUS CESAREAN SECTIONS
8. LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY IN LARGE FIBROIDS
9. LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF UTERINE PROLAPSE (LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF UTERINE PROLAPSE WITHOUT REMOVAL OF UTERUS)
10. LAPAROSCOPIC MYOMECTOMY ( LAPAROSCOPIC REMOVAL OF FIBROIDS)
11. LAPAROSCOPIC ADHESIOLYSIS ( LAPAROSCOPIC RELEASE OF ADHESIONS)
12. LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF TUBOOVARIAN MASS (LAPAROSCOPIC REMOVAL OF TUBOOVARIAN MASS)
13. LAPAROSCOPIC SALPHINGOSTOMY FOR ECTOPIC PREGNANCY
14. LAPAROSCOPIC SALPHINGECTOMY FOR ECTOPIC PREGNANCY
HYSTEROSCOPIC SURGERIES PERFORMED:
1. DIAGNOSTIC HYSTEROSCOPY
2. HYSTEROSCOPIC POLYPECTOMY ( Hysteroscpic removal of endometrial polyp)
3. HYSTEROSCOPIC SEPTAL RESECTION FOR CONGENITAL UTERINE SEPTUM (Hysteroscopic removal of septum)
4. HYSTEROSCOPIC MYOMECTOMY ( Hysteroscopic removal of submucous polyp)
5. HYSTEROSCOPIC CANNULATION OF PROXIMAL TUBAL BLOCK (Hysteroscopic removal of tubal block)
6. INFERTILITY MANAGEMENT
7. INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION ( IUI )
1. CRYOCAUTERIZATION OF CERVIX
2. LLETZ FOR PREMALIGNANT CONDITIONS OF CERVIX