HOSPITAL INFECTION CONTROL COMMITTEE (HICC)
IRIN LIGHT CHRISTOPHER
Doctorate in Nursing (Ph.D)
AIMS of HICC
- To remove the potential sources of infection
- To block the routes of transfer of bacteria from the potential sources & reservoirs to uninfected patients.
- To enhance patients’ resistance to infection.
- To formulate local guidelines in the form of infection control manuals.
- To educate and train HCP
- To formulate antimicrobial stewardship programme.
HICC of G.V.N. Hospital (p) Ltd, Trichy has 35 members. Each ward has an Infection control champion nurse .
This committee meets every month to discuss the infection control elements, evidenced based practices to overcome hospital acquired infections & newer trends in hospital infection prevention & control measures.
Surveillance report is discussed by committee members.