HOSPITAL INFECTION CONTROL COMMITTEE (HICC)
IRIN LIGHT CHRISTOPHER
Doctorate in Nursing (Ph.D)
AIMS of HICC
1. To remove the potential sources of infection
2. To block the routes of transfer of bacteria from the potential sources & reservoirs to uninfected patients.
3. To enhance patients’ resistance to infection.
4. To formulate local guidelines in the form of infection control manuals.
5. To educate and train HCP
6. To formulate antimicrobial stewardship programme.
HICC of G.V.N. Hospital (p) Ltd, Trichy has 35 members. Each ward has an Infection control champion nurse .
This HICC committee meets every month to discuss the infection control elements, evidenced based practices to overcome hospital acquired infections & newer trends in hospital infection prevention & control measures.
Surveillance report is discussed by committee members.